Saturday 19 February 2011

Artifact 3 test space

This is a over look of the test space for my 3rd artefact. I have given a test player 3 choices of path from the start and each employ different methods of attraction to help the player wayfind to the area they think is right. The idea is I tell the test'e that they are trapped and need to find their way out to the outside world, and I record which way they go. I want to see if there is any indication to if new gamers or more skilled gamers are more attuned to different aspects of games (sound, light and textures) when they navigate round a level. For the texture orientated path I have used decal maps of bright red arrows pointing one way. for the light orientated map I have used light shafts to draw the players eye and a bright light indicating a outside lighting. For the sound I have used common outside sounds like birds and wind which a player will experience through a 5.1 sound system. Watch this space for the results =)

No comments:

Post a Comment