Sunday 24 January 2016

New Job and update on my week

Hi all,

Welcome back, I know its been a week since my last post and to explain this really its down to my new job at Playground Games. I have spent this week trying to get to grips with everything I need to know about my job. There is so much to learn and little time before I reach production on the game they are making. I realise its been a while since I have posted anything on my tiger tank as well and I will be getting round to that soon. Unfortunately I can't do any personal work over lunch times any more at this company due to the policies they have in place. I can do just general training exercises but nothing that can then be attributed to a portfolio piece. A little bit of a disappointment but it just means I will have to do my modelling now over a weekend. This will mean that my tiger tank production will slow down but rest assured I persist with it.

This week on the games side of things I have been playing a little more Mech Warrior Online as the New Warhammer Mech has been released into the game. I am still playing around with the set ups but I have to admit I am struggling to get this Mech to work with my play style so far. I will keep you updated on what set ups I eventually get to work for me.



On another note, I picked up Naval Action as well over the last few days so I have been having ago at that. I am still learning the ropes with it but I am getting there slowly. I've found it fun so far and the battle system is really pushing towards realism so once I have made up an opinion of the game I will tell you what I think here.



Getting this new job has shaked things up a bit in my life so my blog has taken a bit of a back step so far until I can get a groundings on when I can get time to write about my own modelling and gaming experiences so bare with me. I have a hour and a half commute each way to work so its taken a massive chunk out of my own personal time each night  so I guess you will understand why I have been a bit quite over the last few weeks.

Also as a requirement of my new job I have to mention as a disclaimer that this blog represents my thoughts and not playground games views as a company. With that official stuff out of the way I hope you have had a great weekend so far and it turns out to be awesome for what is remaining.


I hope to be getting up and running with my blog like normal soon, so till the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment