Thursday 21 October 2010

simulated client project and summer work continued

continuing for the last post and the concept map drawing, I began to build my map from scratch. after a few teething problems with ut3 editor I transferred my work to UDK editor, I began sculpting the map terrain. I already had the idea for a hidden base in a jungle environment to make it see, like the corporations hiding the software were going to large lengths to protect their software, but also thought it controversial as a representation of all the treasure Britain still retains from other cultures that we are slowly giving back over time to the country's of origin taken at the times of the British empire. The route to the base was going to be quite linear so to make orientation though out the level pretty one way to the objective.


I progressively started building up the level bit by bit. adding different variations of static meshes making the environment more believable as I went.the working process is represented below in chronological order of photos.




so after all the static meshes had gone I worked on the lighting and special fx of the level and this pretty much brings me up to date with where I am ..... few lol




I'm currently working on new static meshes to go into my map so im sure there will be a new post about that soon. cheers =)

No comments:

Post a Comment