Friday 3 February 2012

Texture update for jeep: finishing the under carriage,window masking and body dust




Today I ended up finishing the rest of the under carriage blending and texturing. I them moved on to the top side paintwork covering the shell of the jeep. This of course ment that I would have to be extra careful in my approach to texturing it as players would see this more than the undercarriage. The paint as it stood for the topside looked pretty bland and needed some dirt to add to its believability. Using some decaled textures, I screened over the top to give a dusted look with the aid of the smudge and eraser tools. I created a mask layer for the wind screen to give the opacity and to gain the illusion of the existence of glass in the windscreen. I still haven't got that quite right just yet but this will, as normal, change in time. Another thing I'm not quite happy with at the moment is the wheel colour and the dirt upon it. For the mean time the textiring for the tyres will stay as it is but when the model is more complete I will come back to finish them off a bit more. Further more I have had some good comments off polycount.com following the jeeps progression that has been quite encouraging. Working so hard in my room to get employed can be a bit disheartening so getting gems off proactive practitioners is golden for your motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment