Wednesday 25 January 2012

Beginings of texturing the jeep

For those who have been following this blog you have been reading about the whole building process from its begining concerning the Willy Jeep. I have managed to start on the texturing recently and its starting to take shape a bit. I thought I would post up where it is up to at the moment.
I had a bit of trouble getting to grips with the creation of realistic scaring of battle and wear and tear that showed the bare metal. I originally was cloning images and painting them on with drop effects in Photoshop but this came out a bit blotchy. I then resolved to selecting the scaring on reference imaged and refining the edge using smart radius. Hey presto, realistic looking scaring.
The texturing of the jeep is still in its early days so im just trying things out on a few things to see how it looks on model. I'll post again soon with a further update of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment