Wednesday 20 May 2015

World of Tanks HD Models

Welcome back,

A quick post for this week's 2nd post, but very much a pretty eye candy filled one. I thought I would shake things up a bit this week and post about the up and coming update for World of Tanks 9.8 patch.

Anyone that has been following this blog from way back when will know I play World of Tanks (WoT) casually (mosty casually because I am a very average player). I follow the up and coming updates from Wargaming Net forums/website, you tube channels like Mighty Jingles , Quickybaby, and Sir Havok. I also have a massive infatuation with tanks and mechanical things in general were/are war related. Running with that ethos I would like to share some massive HD model eye candy that will be coming up in the 9.8 release and also the new game mode that is currently being worked on by the WoT team












You have to appreciate the amount of hard work Wargaming is putting in (plus external companies they are being outsourced) to get this game competitive with other tank game titles. Its fresh to see that the competition has started them on the line to upping the over all visual standard for WoT.

All of these models are created using PBR textures. Substance painter works with creating PBR textures and is a great program for any aspiring 3D artist to have in his arsenal of tools. If you don't know what that is or are interested, look at my previous posts about Substance Painter which covers what its and also what it is capable of. I have a lot of work left to do in Substance Designer (another program that works alongside painter) training myself to create different substances for metals before I have a crack at creating anything like this.

These models you see here a good standard for me to aim for if not surpass with my current Tiger Model I am working on. I will try to keep you guys updated as I work through it on the processes I am thinking of doing/thinking about to help you understand my work flow a bit more.

Now for the new game mode. The Youtube celebrity QuickyBaby(https://www.youtube.com/user/QuickyBabyTV/featured). He gives a nice review from his experiences of the new game mode that is set to hit 9.8 buy showing you some actual game play and commentary. This new Domination mode features the implementation of a new respawn feature, repair zones and capture the flag style play all rolled into one. In my opinion will be a exciting new addition to the WoT world giving a nice shift to style of play. It will be interesting to see how this new mode progresses and if it is incorporated into E Sports. Only time will tell but for the mean time I hope you enjoy this Quickybaby break down.


See you here again for my next post soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment