Saturday 22 August 2015

Week and Tiger Tank Progress Report

Hi all,

Sorry for the late posting this week as personal stuff has been getting in the way but better late than never right =D

Welcome back for this weeks Tiger Tank modelling progress post. This week has been pretty awesome that my work has given me a week paid to just research what ever I wanted to look into. This was such a great opportunity I wanted to make the most of it so my tiger has taken a bit of a back seat this week, not that I haven't done anything on it. I have finished off my smoke dischargers and placed them onto my turret with welds. I have also added welds to the outstanding escape hatch I was doing a while back and also made a start on the splash guards for the turret mantlet. I have also been blocking out my mantlet as well for the tank as well so over all its been a incredibly busy week.

As I mentioned I was given a R & D week on a subject of my choosing so naturally I choose some real time technical stuff  looking at dynamic materials that tessellate and react to weather effects. It's been almost 2 years since I've really got into the nitty gritty of the Unreal Engine since leaving Flix Interactive so its been a welcome change to get my hands dirty and start loving real time production again. I'll post up a few of my pictures of my work stuff this week below so you can see I what I have been doing.






Dynamic Materials that can be change the look of Environments in real time engines with use of Global Parameters... For this one... Snow =D





Using the same mathematical functions for the snow I created I made a Dynamic Wet Weather texture with Flowing Normal Maps.


As for my Tiger tank, as I mentioned I have finished off my smoke dischargers which you can see below. I have added some of the extra details I found from pictures of the Tiger 131 plus the welds for the brackets which the launchers were fitted too.


Tiger Tank Turret WIP


Splash Guard WIP ready for the Mantlet

I have also started with looking at the Mantlet on the turret. I have been collecting some information on the model as this will be a difficult mesh to do in one whole piece. The more reference the better before I start this so I can plan out where I am going to be adding all my geometry,






Thats all for this week I hope you have been enjoying the sun (if you've been in the UK) and the weekend also.



No comments:

Post a Comment