Friday 7 August 2015

Tiger Tank Trunnions

Hi all and welcome to my weekly Tiger Update!

This week I have had a bit of a lazy week with the Tank giving myself a little bit of a break but I have still taken the time to finish off the Trunnions that were fitted to the Tiger 1. These Trunnion's allowed the Turret to be lifted off the Tank body via a crane and were strong enough to support the gun's weight/recoil.


Tiger Tank 131 Turret Trunnion with 'Authentic Battle Damage' (definately a kung fu panda reference here)

Holes were bored through the turret walls and cheek pieces for the Trunnion's to seat into. Bearings were then seated onto the extremity on the interior of the tank to help the Turrets 88 to sit and move on. The Trunnions also has holes throughout its structure to help with lubrication of the bearings.




Trunnion Cross Segment


Here's how I have been getting on with this one. I have still do do the welding that secure the trunnion's to the exterior of the Turret walls but im pretty pleased with this one so far.




A nice little find related to Tiger Tanks is that Wargaming have uploaded their Type 6 Heavy onto their sketch fab. This was essentially a Tiger from German that was sent over to the Japanese to study and create their own variant.




For those that don't know about this check this video from Wargaming introducing the Japanese Tiger.



That's all for this week. I hope to see you back here early next week for my latest ship review. Have a great weekend and I will see you then

No comments:

Post a Comment