Thursday 9 April 2015

World of Warships! AMAZING!

Hi all again,

being as im lazy and haven't done any more 3D to show you I thought this would be a great point to say something about the closed beta game I am currently playing. For those people that have being following my blog you may be aware that I play World of Tanks but Wargaming have been busy with a new flag ship title, World of Warships, that is on the brink of having its baby strings cut and let out into the wild (the gaming community).



For WoT players you will instantly feel right at home with the controls of the ships and the garage configuration. There is more than enough differences to make the game feel fresh and exciting and gives a challenging new play style to master with having to really think about your plan of action before you do things.

In its current state there are 4 classes of ship that play in completely different ways. The Battleship that's all about the armour, big guns and massive damage... when they hit =) . Cruisers that are lightly armoured have high DPM guns and and fairly nimble in comparison to their Battleship brothers. Destroyers that are fragile, turn faster than a virgin's head in a whore house and pack a massive punch in the form of torpedoes more torpedoes and yes more torpedoes. Finally Aircraft Carriers that are the long striking arm of your fleet with flights of bombers torpedo planes and fighters.

(http://worldofwarships.com/en/content/game/classes_of_ships/ check this page to see more on the classes.)

I have started playing both available nations currently in the game which are the Japanese and American lines of ships. The Americans currently have access to the Aircraft Carriers but not Battleships and the Japanese are the other way around having access to the Battleship behemoths but not the Aircraft Carriers. Americans in pure redneck style have the gun advantage sporting deadly guns but the Japanese seem to have the edge in torpedoes giving them a very different feel in how both nations play. The Russian line is still in development and at the moment only consists of premium vehicles but I expect that these will soon be mashed into the fray of battle very soon. Being a tight arse I havent shelled out for any russian ships but I have just got myself the lovely american destroyer , The Sims. that will be included in the game in a few days.



Mighty Jingles is a guy I follow on you tube (who I recommend looking at his channel) who posts regularly about most of the games I currently play. He has a good sense of humour and is entertaining to watch (even if he does remind me of my grandad (sorry jingles if you read this =) I know your only in your mid 40's). He's normally very informative and is defiantly one to watch in World of Warships having served in the navy himself on the HMS Newcastle.

This video actually shows current in game footage and really you can just sit back and enjoy the pure hair raising good quality of game, both visually and in game mechanics, that Wargaming has made.


Like I said World of Warships is still in its closed beta so dont go rushing to Wargaming's page expecting to just download it and play but I would say go and register your interest as this game it truly spectacular even in its current state.

I am really enjoying the destroyer class at the moment having to be super sneaky and dangerous at the same time. they are a very exciting class to play and can be very rewarding... provided you live long enough to get within torpedo range. 

Here is another Mighty Jingles Video to show you what I mean about the excitement of Destroyers.



From previously being involved with games development I can probably say with a little confidence that the game wont be in closed beta for long as it plays brilliantly and already feels well balanced (except for ramming people which is a little over powered). Hopefully it wont be too long till I get to sink more people with my Torps and Guns in the near future! For anyone already in the closed beta feel free to add my ID on World of Warships which is dna87.

Till next time.






No comments:

Post a Comment