Friday 17 April 2015

World of Warships USS Sims

Hi All,

Just a quick update on World of Warships.This week I want to give a little more incite into the USS Sims, the premium teir 7 destroyer that has made its appearance into the closed beta. I mentioned earlier that I had purchased a destroyer in my previous post. However it seems that I may have accidentally bought all 3 of the new premium ships in the beta. These are the Russian Gremyashchiy destroyer, the Japanese Yubari cruiser and of course the American USS Sims Destroyer. (The Gold I have from these purchases I am very much considering the Atlantia Premium American cruiser as it looks like a sexy ship too, bristling with guns and sleek as hell. My wallet will be hurting on this game mark my words!)



The USS Sims is pretty much the groundings for all that is great about American Destroyers. Its is a small, fast manoeuvring destroyer with a strong destroyer artillery armament shooting 4 shells every 7 to 8 seconds from its 127mm guns. The Sims is the most manoeuvrable ship in world of warships with a manoeuvrability rating of 97. With a top speed of 39 knots and Rudder shift time of 3.5 seconds, this can be a slippery character of a ship to get fire on. The rotation speed of its guns are nothing more than spectacular making this a king of close quarter combat with any opposing nations destroyers. With this destroyers combination of guns and agility it makes a very strong contender for being one of my most favourite ships I have commandeered so far.



Torpedoes in American destroyers are nothing special when compared to the Japanese or Russian counterparts, being slow and of short range. However the speed of the ship does make closing the distance to effective range on other ships easier than would normally be expected. The guns on this ship are really what make this destroyer shine but the torpedoes still pack a substantial thump to any tunnel visioning battleships or unaware cruisers. The fragility of destroyers is a factor that all captains have to contend with so closing to short range to torpedo your opponents normally means you take fire from secondary batteries before dropping your fishes in the water. The speed of the Sims makes it completely capable of catching targets unaware to deadly effect before secondary or primary have even chance to bear on you. With each torpedo causing around 14k of damage these fish leave big sore marks that opposing players won't soon forget.

I would highly recommend looking to this ship for a special desert of high tension with a icing of excitement. This ships are readily available in play if you are currently in the closed beta or are looking for a strong American style destroyer for you arsenal when the open beta gets released.


Another Mighty Jingles round up on the new premium ships in World of Warships. Stop making such good videos Jingles. Here is a link to his channel if your interested in hearing more about his stuff! https://www.youtube.com/user/BohemianEagle

For those people that are interested in World of Warships and are not in the closed beta I strongly recommend checking out their website and signing yourself up.It is such a strong game even in its current state I am excited for War gaming and other players when they finally cut the baby strings and let their baby run free in the wild.

On other news I have started modelling one of my favourite tanks of all time, the fearsome Tiger Tank. I've been trying to keep this one as accurate as possible when I have been modelling it by getting my hands on as much blue print material as I can. the surviving 131 and the Fury film most definitely sparked this but hopefully I can do the Tiger some justice by doing it to the best of my ability. That will be coming in a later post to show you what I have done so far.






Till next week...


No comments:

Post a Comment