Friday 31 July 2015

Tiger Tank Front Plates

Hi all and welcome back for my late week tiger update.

This week I have been working on the front plates of the Tigers Turret. 100 mm thick, these were essential for the structural integrity of the tigers turret, closing the horse shoe shape with one bar at the top and one at the bottom. These frontal cross bars provided the vital supports for its deadly 88 gun, giving both the sealing frame & gun mantlet points to attach too.



My progress this week have been hampered by little or no imagery/reference to go from. I am still not happy with this as I this is really a work in progress at the moment. I will probably go back and change this once I have a little more reference photos.




This pictures below show where I currently am with the frontal plates. It's been hard to know what's going on with the bars where they intersect the cheeks of the turret. This due to the welds in photograph references but I've had a good crack at it.



I have also made a start on the truncheons on the turret exterior and turret cheek mountings, one of which you can see above but I still have more work to do on it before I share them with you.

That's all for this week, have a good weekend and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment