Tuesday 24 November 2015

Tiger Tank Mud Flaps and Final Drive Transmission Seating.

Hey Everyone,

I thought I would be lost for time with trying to do work and search for jobs, but I'm finding that writing on here is great for getting things off my chest after a hard days work. This time I will be writing about what I did today.

Today I wanted to finish off the front mud flaps, glacis plate and attached side plate armour. It was a lot to do but was definitely helped by me mostly finishing the mud guards from the past blog post.



The final transmission posed quite a hard challenge. First was getting decent reference of such a complex segment that is mostly covered by the final drive wheel in most photographs. I managed to get measurements from www.tiger1.info for the recesses, thickness's and radii.




However it was hard to see where the welds and plates fitted together. I ended up getting a bit bogged down with trying to figure it out. I decided that it would be best to try and model the side panel as well as the transmission recess separately but it turned out to be a bit of a nightmare putting them back together. I forgot how bad the boolean tools were for Max so I don't think I will be making that mistake again any time soon. I ended up combining the 2 shapes manually but it wasn't a very easy affair which made for some messy geometry. Not my best piece of hard surface work in typology cleanness but I for the desired results in the end.



That is all for today, I'l try get an update soon so you can see how everything its progressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment