Friday 6 November 2015

Weekly Update, Redundancy and Portfolio Shenanigans

Hi everyone,

Welcome back to my blog. Firstly I will get to the bad news in saying I was made redundant on Thurday which sucks a bit. Looking back at all the training weeks I had just messing about with CG sphere's was probably a prelude leading up to that but things like this happen and I guess you just have to move on.

This week I have been busy relearning 3ds Max. After spending almost 2 years in Lightwave I thought to increase my job potential I've had to get back on Autodesk software and really hit it hard. Its surprising. how much you forget when you don't use something for such a long amount of time. First things first I've had to spruce up my CV and redesign my Logo so I guess I will start with sharing that.


I tried to get a classier less collated look to my logo than my last one bring it more in line with the more popular flat design that's taken precedence in popular modern design culture. I wanted a mellow but simplistic creative feel with a spark of flare to come through in it. I choose a dark medium gray for the mellow with a flash of green for the creative spark. I would like to hear what you think either by message or by comments below.

Re learning 3ds Max has been a bit of a challenge to say the least. Max and Lightwave both work very differently. I set myself a few modelling challlenges in between times of me applying for work just to get back into the shift of hard surface modelling in Max.







I realise these aren't anything spectacular but were definitely a necessity to getting back into the modelling practises of relearning Max. I want to start moving my Tiger tank over to Max once I am Happy with my skill level again in Max. I haven't done any more on it since finding out about my the dreaded redundancy but I still plan to finish it as a portfolio piece.

A pretty short update this week but I'll try and keep you updated on my endeavours to keep my spirits high when searching for a new job. Hopefully it won't take too long.

Till next time, take care and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment