Monday 21 September 2015

Junk Yard CG Sphere Challenge

Hi Laides and Gents,

I mentioned that I was doing another challenge at work so as a extra bonus post I am showing you the fruits of my work. I had another 3D CG Sphere project task to do under the title of 'Junk Yard'. The whole thing took 7.5 hours from start to finish, that included the design, modelling, lighting, texturing and render time.

It was a bit of a rush at the end to get it out and let a few Photoshop errors slip through (if you look close enough I'm sure you will see them). On the whole I'm pretty happy with the end result considering the time limit I was given. I think I might continue this a little in my own time to get a better result as I ran out of time to do what I wanted. I ended up faking the DOF (depth of Field) in Photoshop (and a few other things) as the renders were taking too long. I was using volumetric lights and particle effects so they slapped on quite a bit of time to my renders that I wasn't expecting.

I think given the extra time I would like to look more at the lighting, put some more emphasis on the rollers as they aren't as visible as I would have liked. I would also revisit some of the materials as I think they could have been a little better. The black paint seemed to get lost on the lower part of the model some better care and attention to these and I think I can improve the outcome a little more. Other than me criticising my own work I hope you like the outcome of this little creative experiment. I have been given another to do at work under the theme 'Clock Work Orange', so I will keep you posted on that one too.  If you like my work of have any feedback feel free to comment on the piece as I would love to hear your thoughts.

Till next time.


'Junk Yard' CG Sphere Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment