Friday 11 September 2015

My Week Progress on the Tiger Tank



Hi all, you may be wondering why I started this post with a picture of a bed. Well to cut a long story short, this really what my week consisted of. A nasty bout of flu. I didn't want to leave you with nothing to read over the weekend so I though I would show you what I have done in the few hours I have felt human enough to do anything productive this week (mostly dosed up on a butt load of Co-Codamol and anti flue stuff).

I was going to make a substantial start on the  gun barrel and mussel break as these will be quite challenging as a whole to get done correctly. I did some research on how the profile and dimensions of the gun would look along the length of the barrel and ended up with this illustration from my usual Tiger reference web site



I have looked at some reference pictures for the mussle break too as this will be the most complicated object out of the two. 





I had made a start on the gun barrel this week before being struck down with terrible illness death so I'll be frank in saying its pretty unimpressive what I have done this week. In light of being bed bound I'm sure you can't blame me. I don't think I will be doing the breach of the gun to any degree of detail as you won't be seeing it on the model when its inside the turret.  I will probably put a place holder 'box shape' to represent it to finish it of rather than leave it as a open object in case I come back to it and do the interior.



I hope you all have a good weekend/ better weekend than my week has been so far. Take care and I'll catch you here for the next one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment