Monday 5 October 2015

Bovington Tank Museum Visit

Hi all and welcome back,

First off I'd like to mention why I didn't post anything late last week like normal. First off I turned 28 on the 30th of September so had some time off to celebrate. Secondly I took a trip to the Tank Museum in Bovington to see the Tiger tank and the rest of their exhibits. As some remuneration for not doing my normal late week post at least I now have the photo's from that visit to share with you. This is more of a relief to me as well as I can now stop steeling other peoples photos for reference as I now have a lot of my own =D (over 500 photos of detail shots of different parts) .


The Panther Tank which was completed under British Supervision. The red paint is actually the primer paint left exposed as paint was in such short supply.


WW1 Mark 2 Tank


This was my first visit to the Museum and really my first proper encounter with a main battletank. I have driven a light APC at Armourgeddon in Leciestershire which had a novel paint ball gun retro fitted into the 30mm auto cannon so I have had some experience with armoured vehicles. Nothing could have prepared me for the scale of the German WW2 tanks or even some of the early British tanks.

Obviously my main reason for going to the Museum was to get as many shots of the Tiger tank as I possibly could. Here are a few. I am 5ft 8 so most of my photos are taken from head height so just keep that in mind when you look over these photo's to get an idea of scale. My friend whom is shamelessly donning the most floral IT engineer shirt he could muster put me on his shoulders so I could see as much of the top hull as possible but I will share those later post I think.









These are just a few of the Tiger Tank I took. I'll be showing more photos as I model more of My tiger. The Museum is massive and not only had the iconic Tiger tank but other major tanks in its collection. Most people will be familiar with the Sherman tank that stared in the Fury Movie... well that there too. 





Just to round up what else was at the museum I will just do a massive photo dump. I'll get round to naming all the tanks soon but I am sure the more estute of you already know what these tanks are.


British Centurion Tank


French Renult FT-17


British Medium Mark A


British Medium Mark A


German Panzer 2


British A13 Cruiser Mark 3


British A13 Cruiser Mark 3


Russian T 34-85


Russian T 34-85


German Panzer 3


German Panzer 3


German Panzer 3


American M3 Lee


British Chieftain 


Russian T 62


American M48 Patton


British Centurion


British Centurion


German Porsche Tiger 2 'King/Royal Tiger'


German Henschel Tiger 2 'King/Royal Tiger'


German Panzer 4


German Panzer 4


Sturmtiger Barrel


German JagdTiger 


Russian KV-1


Russian KV-1


Russian KV-1


German Luchs


German Luchs


German Luchs


The infamous British Tog 2 Tank (every World of tanks player should know this tank and fear the mighty tog)


That is all for now! Have fun and I will catch you here for my late week post... that will actually happen this time =S





No comments:

Post a Comment